GOD BLESS SEASON ONE CHARACTERS THEY DONT KNOW WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN THEY ARE SO INNOCENT THEY HAVE NO IDEA THE SHIT THE WRITERS ARE GOING TO PUT THEM THROUGH
Adrianne Haslet-Davis dances again for the first time since the Boston terrorist attack last year.
When the bombs went off at the Boston Marathon finish line, Adrianne Haslet-Davis lost the lower half of her left leg in the explosion. She’s a ballroom dance teacher, and she assumed she would never dance again. With most prosthetics, she wouldn’t.
But Hugh Herr, of the MIT Media Lab, wanted to find a way to help her. He created a bionic limb specifically for dancers, studying the way they move and adapting the limb to fit their motion. (He explains how he did it here.)
At TED2014, Adrianne danced for the first time since the attack, wearing the bionic limb that Hugh created for her.
Hugh says, “It was 3.5 seconds between the bomb blasts in the Boston terrorist attack. In 3.5 seconds, the criminals and cowards took Adrianne off the dance floor. In 200 days, we put her back. We will not be intimidated, brought down, diminished, conquered or stopped by acts of violence.”
Amen to that, Hugh.
One. Do not promise when you’re happy.
Two. When you are angry, do not respond.
Three. Do not decide when you’re sad.
are the spn writers mocking themselves or
- ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°): relationship status?
- ಠ_ಠ: what is your biggest pet peeve?
- (ಥ_ಥ): finish this: i hate it when...
- ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ: what is your favorite animal?
- (☞ﾟヮﾟ)☞ ☜(ﾟヮﾟ☜): who is someone you can tell everything to?
- (づ｡◕‿‿◕｡)づ: are you a hugger?
- (╯°□°)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐɟ: besides tumblr, do you have any other social media?
- ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿?: how old are you?
- (╯°□°）╯︵ ┻━┻: what are your thoughts on school?
- | (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ): favorite tv show?
- (ง'̀-'́)ง: are you okay?
- (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*: ･ﾟ✧: sexual orientation?
- ┬┴┬┴┤(･_├┬┴┬┴: are you a people person or a loner?
- ლ(ಠ益ಠლ): do you have any siblings?
- ಠ╭╮ಠ: have you ever self harmed?
- (づ￣ ³￣)づ: have you ever been in love?
- (☞ﾟ∀ﾟ)☞: would you rather be hugged by a bunny or kissed by a doe?
- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻: how do you let your anger out?
- ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ: are you active?
- ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪: what are your favorite band(s)/artist(s)?
- （╯°□°）╯︵(\ .o.)\: who is your least favorite person?
- ♥‿♥: tell us about your crush!
- ◔̯◔: what time is it?
- ◕‿◕: what is your guilty pleasure?
- ◔ ⌣ ◔: are you a virgin?
- <P> Please put the actual question in my ask too!
If you write just about one type of person, not only is that boring, not only does that deprive people of other points of view, it is also just false. It’s not what the world looks like. You should try to write about the world that’s there, because that’s the interesting one.
Joseph Fink, who’s p good at writing, I think. (from this week’s Philadelphia Weekly)
you know girls can tell when you look at their boobs
i don’t care how quickly you glance, 1 second is like 5 seconds in boob time